The estate was founded at the end of the 17th century. From the very beginning it was a renowned estate with a solid reputation. In 1850, it was split in two and divided among the five children of Baron Jacques Pichon de Longueville. Baron Raoul Pichon de Longueville’s part became the Pichon Baron. Baron Raoul had the majestic château, with its two characteristic towers, built here in 1851.
The other part was divided among his three sisters and became the Château Pichon Comtesse. In 1933, it was sold to the Bouteiller family, who subsequently managed the château for 50 years.